Monday 28 February 2011

TIME TO LET GO OF THE PAST........

   I had just ended my on off/on off relationship.How do i feel now?
grief ,loneliness and sense of loss? and if i am honest, a bit relieve too.It's; had come to a point of being more sorrow than joy. If that so why hang on then just for the sake of "yesterday"?.Perhaps i had been less honest with my self and with him.It the fear of being alone,of being lonely that bind us together,not so much matter of the heart.Love ? does it really exist i wonder? what is love really? Is it the romance that is potrayed in so many of Shakespeare' s play? Be that as it may, the hardest thing  to bear is the hurt.God why does it hurt so much? why do i feel the guilty? had i followed my instinct ,i won't be in this mess......If only .... well perhaps this poem of Robert Frost,(my favourite from my literature class so long ago,best describe my feeling...i copied it from my old texbook)


The road not taken

Two roads diverged in; a yellow wood
and sorry i could not travel both
and be one traveller er long i stood
and look down one as far as i could
to where it bent in the undergrowth

then took the other just as fair
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear
though as for that passing the passing there
had worn them really about the same

and both that morning equally lay
in leaves no step that trodden black
oh kept that first for another day
yet knowing how way leads on to ways
i doubted if i should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence
two roads diverged in a wood and i
I took the one less travelled;,by
and that has made all the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment